Product Feature: HIPAA Compliant Email Marketing
Our mission is to provide fully integrated acupuncture software for TCM practitioners. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce our latest integration with Constant Contact that allows you to send HIPAA compliant email marketing campaigns. The best part? All Unified Practice subscriptions include email marketing integration at no extra cost. High fives all around.
Why Email Marketing?
According to research from Smart Insights, email campaigns deliver an average open rate of about 20 percent in the health industry and a click-through rate of 3.3 percent. On the flip side, social media marketing has a click-through rate of less than 1 percent.
Why does email marketing seem to reign supreme? For one, 77 percent of people prefer to hear from companies through email. And more than 50 percent of U.S. email users check their inbox over 10 times a day. Because email marketing can be so powerful, it’s to your benefit to integrate your email marketing software with your EHR to save you time and endless headaches.
Most importantly, you’ll communicate smarter with your patients.
Speak Smarter With Constant Contact
Not only will integrating email marketing into Unified Practice save you time, but it will also allow you to communicate in a savvier way. Engaging patients through targeted campaigns with custom filters means you can invite certain patients to try new services, follow up on previous appointments, make important announcements, and send individualized birthday messages. Utilizing custom communications in a seamless way will lead to more authentic relationships, increase revenue, and more effective workflows.
“Today, people demand that the messages they receive feel timely and relevant to them,” explains Dave Charest, Director of Content Marketing at Constant Contact. “Email marketing gives you the power to send the right messages to the right people at the right time and drive more meaningful actions for your business.”
How Does It Work?
If you have any questions, our support team is here to answer them and walk you through the process. If you want a quick run down, head into your portal and follow these steps:
- Under your account settings, go into the subscriptions tab and turn on email marketing by clicking the toggle
- Next, you can create your Constant Contact account. (FYI: You do have to pay for a Constant Contact account if you do not already have one, but the HIPAA compliant platform makes it worth every penny. There’s also a free 60-day trial)
- Once you create or log into your account in Constant Contact, you’ll create an email campaign. Choose from hundreds of templates, brand your own, and rest assured that every email will be mobile optimized
- Once the campaign is done, head back to Unified Practice and under Reports, choose “Constant Contact Sync”
- Create your filter (for e.g., new patients, ones going through a certain treatment, etc), and create your patient list. You can either create the campaign in Constant Contact or through the filtered list in Unified Practice — both will allow for syncing
- From there, simply press “sync” and your email marketing campaign is all set!
…You’re Sure It’s HIPAA Compliant?
Yep, we promise. Unified Practice signed a BAA with Constant Contact which means we can share the bare minimum of patient data in a HIPAA compliant way. Practitioners can also sign a BAA with Constant Contact for an additional layer of compliance and peace of mind.
Head to our Constant Contact integration page to learn more. Happy emailing!